25 Things You Don’t Know About Me: Elizabeth Taylor
1. Before I made films, I had a lemonade stand in Southern California.
2. When José Eber is out of town, I love to cut my hair and anyone else’s.
3. I’m mad for Law & Order and have seen every single episode. My children and Mariska Hargitay, a dazzling actress, played together as kids.
4. I converted to Judaism in 1959.
5. My Jewish name is Elisheba Rachel.
6. My first horse was named Betty.
7. I didn’t go on a date until I was 16.
8. My legs are too short.
9. The film I’m proudest of is Who’s Afraid of Virginia Woolf?
10. I never face the day without perfume.
11. I dreamed of designing perfume 25 years before I did it.
12. I love blood-orange juice.
13. My very first memory is of pain.
14. I’m still heartbroken that Richard [Burton] never won an Oscar.
15. I am sincerely not worried about getting old.
16. I never tried to act until A Place in the Sun.
17. I am disgusted by the amount of myth about me that is accepted as fact.
18. People on Twitter named my new fragrance, Violet Eyes.
19. I’ve never had acting lessons, though many people think I need them.
20. In my twenties, I nearly lost my eye and my leg. Still have them both, tee hee.
21. Nerves are the nemesis of all actors.
22. I hate being called Liz, because it can sound like such a hiss.
23. I believe you can be close to God anywhere.
24. My dog Delilah is in love with my cat Fang. To each his own.
25. My family and people with HIV/AIDS are my life.
Leslie Howard, The Petrified Forest
Sebastian, Charles and Aloysius.
Guess what I decided was a great idea to start watching tonight?
Yep, the miniseries version of Brideshead Revisited.
I’m an hour in and it is already ruining my life.
11 episodes, 656 minutes.
Please, sir, your face is perfect.
You’re an actor AND a rapper?!
Riz please this isn’t fair
I’m watching Britz right now…
And Riz Ahmed is just an absolutely gorgeous man.
Nate Silver discusses being a nerd in gay culture:
For me, I think the most important distinguishing characteristic is that I’m independent-minded. I’m sure that being gay encouraged the independent-mindedness, but that same independent-mindedness makes me a little bit skeptical of parts of gay culture, I suppose.
See? Total boyfriend material for me.
Winona Ryder, 1990s
Photographs by Mark Seliger
Sam Weir isn’t a pygmy geek anymore.
i’m already eager for pete to be back on my tv screen regularly.
I seriously want to steal that entire outfit.
Also, I love when he rocks the facial hair.
Dum Dum Girls’ Dee Dee and her husband, Brandon Welchez of Crocodiles, have announced details of a new collaborative project: Haunted Hearts will release their first single, “Something That Feels Bad is Something That Feels Good”/”House of Lords” on February 5, through their own label, Zoo Music. It was recorded at San Diego’s Electric Orange studio, reports Exclaim.
Earlier this summer, Welchez told Coup De Main, “It sounds like a 50/50 split between our bands to be honest. We’re aiming to record an LP this winter, time permitting.”
Dee Dee started Zoo Music in order to release Crocodiles’ debut single. Since then, the San Diego-based label have released music by both its founders’ bands, Dirty Beaches, Reading Rainbow, and more.
As a fan of both the Dum Dum Girls and Crocodiles, I am extremely excited.
Not to mention the single is coming out ON MY BIRTHDAY.
May Steve McQueen never make a film that involves Fassbender and a shirt.